Friday, July 9, 2010

Is it me or Fedex?

Either Fedex is incompetent or I have incredible luck whenever I use them. I ordered a cell phone online and selected Fedex 2-day shipping. My order was supposed to arrive by 7 pm on July 8th. When 7 pm rolled around, I decided to track it online. Much to my dismay...it was in Mississauga, ON. Yes, Fedex had it in the wrong country. What was more baffling, was that it shipped out of West Chester, PA. I didn't know Ontario was on the way to NJ!! I called Fedex to figure out what was going on and they ended up hanging up on me. Then I called Verizon since they seem to think Fedex is so wonderful. The rep with Verizon called Fedex to inform them of the problem. I was told that Fedex would contact me in 24 hours. Isn't time of the essence when a package is supposed to be delivered?! I have not yet heard from Fedex, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tracked the package again this morning--it miraculously made it to NJ overnight. Despite their huge mishap, they were able to pull themselves together. My cell phone went from PA, to NJ, to ON, to TN and finally back to NJ. Incredibly efficient.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is totally awesome! They've really improved their service since our last FedEx delivery experience when they hid our package under the door mat. Good job FedEx.

Kristen Pace said...

That was pretty hilarious...just glad that no one stole your package. Just found out that Fedex supposedly stopped by to deliver the package today. They claimed that no one was here to sign for it. My Dad was watching from his office window the entire afternoon and they never came. Now I have to have it re-routed to VA since I'm leaving in the morning. BRILLIANT

sarah e. said...

It's definitely FedEx. :)